Sunday 18 March 2012

Magazine Advert Progress

The first thing we did when making our magazine advert was selecting our picture. We decided to use the same image that we used on our digipak, this would help create the link between the two. However we did not want them to look exaclty the same so we toned down the gradient and switched it around goin for orange to green. We felt this would add variety without comprimising our house style.

Here on the left is me putting the gradient on the picture. After this was done the next step was to add our title, we knew we were going to use the same font to maintain our house style. We all felt that the plain white text did not look aesthically pleasing, we needed our title to grab peoples attentions. I was playing around and moved an orange box which was made using to rectangular marquee tool. I dragged this into place, we liked this design but felt we needed to introduce our other colour from our house style. I copied the box and using the paint bucket and colour picked the same green and made the box slightly larger than the orange one. I then matched the box so that the blue line above and below were equal. The text 'High Flying Birds' need some colour added to it, so I used the same green and kept the black stroke around the outside.

Here is what it looked like when we had finished with the title. As a group we felt this fitted well with our house style and would attract our customers to look at the advert.

Magazine adverts need to have information on them to inform the audience of what songs are in the album and what sort of ratings its recieved. To do this I used the rectangular marquee tool to draw a large black box, which was placed over the bottom third of the advert. I then increased the opacity so that the picture could still be seen underneath, the solid black colour would have been overpowering. I then introduced some of the main conventions of magazine adverts which were ratings, quotes from magazines and featured songs. I typed these in a clearer font and added a stroke to them to make them stand out from the background becasue we want the audience to see them clearly. I then moved the main tag line above the picture so that it could be easily seen.

I then added a solid rectangle box and left it pure black, however this was only small so it did not over power any of the other key elements on the page. I then added other information to promote the band and record label.

No comments:

Post a Comment