Wednesday 28 September 2011

Back to the drawing board




















We decided that all our previous choices were to obvious and that people knew the songs and artists voices. The big question we had to answer was how do you find a song that you have never heard of? I came up with the idea of going on the soccer am website, and looking at all the featured bands that have appeared on the show. As from previous experiences I have seen a band on soccer am and liked their music even though I had never heard of them. I looked at the featured bands and nothing jumped out at me, I started looking through the songs that play when they show the goals of the week etc. I clicked on Noel Gallagher song 'What a Life'. Noel Gallagher was a perfect artist for us, because we all really like Oasis, and Noels voice is key to some songs, but this song was a less known song but still sounded like an Oasis song.

I was listening to the song and I loved it, I knew that I had heard it somewhere else but could not put my finger on it. Thats when Adam realised that the song was on the latest Vauxhall advert, advertising the England football team.

One of the great things apart from the actual song is the fact that there is not an original music video, this means there is nothing that people can compare it to.

No comments:

Post a Comment